Saturday, August 30, 2008

As Summer takes its last breath


I can't deny for a second that this summer was one of the best i've had out of all my years of life. I for the the first time ever feel that i have accomplished something for myself and i feel that I have found out a lot about who I am and who i was before this point in my life. There were a ton of things I went throughout between july 2007 and now that have shaped me into the person I am as of today.

Starting up at NHIA basically changed my life. It was a chance for me to change for the better. I was stuck in a crowd that was ruining me more and more day by day and I was stuck in a bad cycle of use and abuse. I found that the escape to art school though its not far from the problem was a saving grace. I quit smoking, and ditched the ball and chain that was keeping me in a ring of bad habit, earned back my dignity in the process which was a plus.

Freshman year at NHIA introduced me to people who were not a waste of time and they have been loyal friends from the day i met them. I found that I had a lot more to offer up than i did in high school. I worked harder than ever, having a very meager social life but earned some fantastic grades for the first time in years.

To put the cherry on top, I met my boyfriend there the second semester. He has inspired me to do more than just snap a picture and is a major help when it comes to pushing myself out of my comfort zone. There is nothing more exciting for me right now than being with someone who understands your struggles and teaches you as much as you teach them. The best thing is not only does he understand but he loves me.

I have had a summer with friends who are really good,loyal and fun. I haven't had friends like that in years. I just wanted to say as summer draws in its last breath

That I will never forget you and will mourn you as the sun drifts away again.

But I know that during the cold winter I will still the memories of fantastic summer to make crunching the leaves more enjoyable this fall and keep me trudging through the nasty mushy snow on the Manchester sidewalks this winter.

No comments: